As mentioned in my Reflecting on my Harry Potter Tattoo – One Year Later blog post, I’m ending my Harry Potter WYR series. There’s been too much hatred coming out from the author of the series and I have decided to write about Harry Potter less on my blog. I will always be a Harry Potter fan, but I think, for now, it might be a good idea to move away from the series. Here are the rest of the prompt cards I had with my answers right below.
Would You Rather. . . Come Across a Dementor or Thestral?
Thestral! I haven’t seen Death, so I wouldn’t personally see it, but anything is better than a Dementor.
Would You Rather. . . Have an Unlimited Supply of Butterbeer or Chocolate Frogs?
Butterbeer. Chocolate Frogs creep me out since they move around once you open the packaging.
Would You Rather. . . Fly on a Broom or Travel by Floo Powder?
I’d want to answer with “Fly on a Broom”, but realistically, I would probably travel by Floo Powder. Heights have always freaked me out and brooms don’t have any safety measure on them. Floo Powder would be safer.
Would You Rather. . . Be a Hogwarts Professor or An Auror?
An Auror!! A Hogwarts Professor would be fun, but I wouldn’t want to be a teacher in any capacity.
Would You Rather. . . Wear a Weasley Christmas Sweater or Funky Glasses like Luna Lovegood?
A Weasley sweater. It’s made with real love from Molly Weasley.
Would You Rather. . . Have Relatives like the Dursley’s OR Bellatrix Lestrange?
I don’t think there is a good answer here, I would say the Dursley’s. Both families are racist/prejudiced, but at least the Dursley’s don’t kill people, so I guess that’s the better choice.
Would You Rather. . . Go to the Quidditch World Cup or Triwizard Tournament?
The Triwizard Tournament since it doesn’t happen as often as the Quidditch World Cup does.
Would You Rather. . . Have Unlimited Spending at Honeydukes or Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes?
Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. I’m not a big candy person. I would get more out of Weasley’s since I could prank my friends or get out of class.
Would You Rather. . . Be a Member of Dumbledore’s Army or Order of the Phoenix?
BOTH! If I had to pick, Dumbledore’s Army. It’s more accessible to join and I find it courageous that the students revolted against Umbridge’s ruling.
Would You Rather. . . Have Your Future Told by Professor Trelawney or Be Able To See Your Past in Dumbledore’s Pensieve?
See My Past in Dumbledore’s Pensieve. I would review the moments of my childhood with my dad. Being able to relive those memories would allow me to reconnect with my dad from my own archive of memories.
Would You Rather. . . Be Stunned by a Stupefy Curse or Confused by a Confundo Curse?
Confused by a Confundo Curse. Being Stunned could be a life or death situation due to being conscious or not. At least being confused, I still could have a chance of fighting back.
Would You Rather. . . Be Sorted into Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw?
I’m sticking with my original house, Hufflepuff. I was surprised I wasn’t sorted into Ravenclaw at one point, although my personality aligns well with the Hufflepuff house.
Would You Rather. . . Have a Pet Cat Like Hermione or Have a Pet Owl Like Harry?
Cats! I would start with a cat and then add an Owl eventually when I could afford another pet.
Would You Rather. . . Be Really Good at Quidditch or Pass The Owls With Flying Colors?
Pass My O.W.L. I could pick whichever career I wanted in the Wizarding World. I’m more studious than athletic anyway.
Would You Rather. . . Drink Polyjuice Potion With the Essence of Draco Malfoy or Professor Snape?
Would You Rather. . . Go To Durmstrang or Beauxbatons?
Would You Rather. . . Play as a Chaser or Keeper?
Chaser! The Keeper has too much responsibility.
Would You Rather. . . Have to Help Hagrid Take Care of Fluffy or Take Care of Aragog?
Would You Rather. . . Be Born a Squib like Filch or Have The Ministry Take Away Your Wand like Hagrid?
I would pick “Having the Ministry Take Away Your Wand”. Hagrid can still do magic secretly whereas Filch can’t do magic at all.
Would You Rather. . . Have Lunch at Three Broomsticks or A Home Cooked Meal by Molly Weasley?
A Home Cooked Meal by Molly Weasley could never be replaced. The Three Broomsticks exists at Universal Studios.
Would You Rather. . . Spend a Week in Azkaban or As a Prisoner in Malfoy’s Basement?
Prisoner in Malfoy’s Basement because there are no Dementors there.
Would You Rather. . . Spend the Afternoon in the Slytherin Common Room or the Bathroom with Moaning Myrtle?
Slytherin Common Room, why would I want to hang out in a Bathroom for an Afternoon?
Would You Rather. . . Take Charms or Potions?
Charms would be generally more useful than Potions.
Would You Rather. . . Live in the Charming Village of Hogsmeade or Bustling Center of Diagon Alley?
Hogsmeade would be my choice. I think Diagon Alley would be too chaotic whereas Hogsmeade would be quiet for the Summer since the students would be moving back home.
Would You Rather. . . Accidentally Take a Love Potion from Someone You Don’t Like or Accidentally Give Someone You Don’t Like a Love Potion?
Both options are horrible for different reasons, but I would rather the love potion wouldn’t impact me. I would choose “Accidentally Give Someone You Don’t Like a Love Potion”. To be honest, I wouldn’t give anyone a love potion because I wouldn’t want to force someone to be in love with me.
Would You Rather. . . Attend Halloween Feast or the Holiday Feast?
The Halloween Feast!
Would You Rather. . . Take a Tour Of Gringotts or Take Whatever You Wanted from Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes?
A Tour of Gringotts would be cool, but I would still pick the Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.
Would You Rather. . . Be Invited to Dance All Night Long at the Yule Ball or Watch the Final Quidditch Match?
The Yule Ball! I could watch a Quidditch match throughout the season.
Would You Rather. . . Be Able to Transfigure into a Cat Like Professor McGonagall or A Black Dog like Sirius?
Would You Rather. . . Have a Cloak of Invisibility or A Marauder’s Map?
The Invisibility Cloak! The Marauder’s Map would be neat, but being invisible whenever I wanted would be preferred.
Would You Rather. . . Duel Dumbledore or Voldemort?
Duel Dumbledore. I could use it as a teachable moment to learn from him, so I could take on Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
If you made it to the end of this post, I applaud your patience. I’m still debating what I will replace my Harry Potter WYR blog series with. I’m still a part of the Harry Potter fandom, although I think it’s good to put some distance right now with everything going on. I hope you’re all doing well and staying safe during this time.
5 thoughts on “Last Harry Potter WYR Prompt”
I’ll certainly miss this series! I understand why you’re stopping it, though. Nevertheless, here are my answers to the remaining WYRs!
– I’d rather see a Thesteral! Death is a part of life and they seem like sweet creatures.
– If real Butterbear is actually just cream soda, I think I may take the chocolate frogs, though if the drink is as wonderful as the books made it seem, then I’d agree with you and choose it over the moving frogs.
– I’d like to try broom flight, but in terms of regular travel, Floo Powder does seem safer.
– Isn’t an Auror a wizard cop? I think I’d rather be a Professor.
– I totally want a Weasley sweater! I love sweaters!
– I’d also choose relatives like the Dursleys for the exact same reason as you. Plus I kind of do have slightly snobby relatives anyway…
– I’d rather go to the Quidditch World Cup. It seems like a better event for spectators, and I do like Quidditch.
– I have a huge sweet tooth, so I’d very much enjoy unlimited Honeydukes funds.
– I think I’d be a part of DA, but mostly for the social and learning aspects.
– I think I’d choose to see my past with the Pensive because I enjoy the openness of the future and it’d be fun to see and relive aspects of a carefree childhood.
– I guess it depends on the scenario of who I’m fighting and why, but in a real fight, I guess I’d also choose to be confused.
– Ravenclaw all the way!
– I’m allergic to cats so though I love them and would definitely want one, an owl seems safer and more practical for me.
– I’d rather pass the OWLS. I don’t want to be an athlete, even if I am good at the sport.
– I’d rather be Draco. I’m sure he’s a fairly normal person when he’s not antagonizing Harry or getting involved with his Dad’s Death Eating.
– I’d rather go to Beauxbatons. Durmstrang seems too intense for me.
– Chaser for sure. I’m a terrible goalie in any sport.
– Considering how big a fear of spiders I have, Fluffy for sure.
– I’d rather have my magic taken away. Being born without magic and having to see everyone have it must suck a lot more.
– I’m a very picky eater so I guess it depends what’s being served. I guess I’d have more options at The Three Broomsticks.
– I’d rather be in the Malfoy basement too. House elves could pop in and keep me company.
– I’d also hang out in the common room. I’m sure it’s just as lovely as Gryfindor’s, just maybe a bit darker and colder.
– I’d take Charms too. More practical.
– Yeah, Diagon Alley seems chaotic and cramped. I’d much rather live in Hogsmeade.
– I’d rather give it to someone I didn’t like because I could better handle that for a bit.
– Holiday Feast as I love Christmas a lot more.
– I think I’d rather tour Gringotts. I’d feel weird just taking things from the store.
– Provided the music is good, I’d rather dance all night at a Yule Ball.
– I’d rather be a cat. Oh, to lie in the sun and sleep all day!
– I’d rather an Invisibility Cloak too. I’d get so much more use out of it!
– I’d also rather duel Dumbledore. I don’t think he’d try and kill me.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love your dedication!!! Thank you for answering every single question!
Dueling Dumbledore would be way better because it would be more of an experience.
The Invisibility Cloak would be so awesome.
Thank you for answering all of the questions!
I loved watching Harry Potter all the time back then! Soon Im gonna post about it on my blog, do check it out!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I hope you find something that you enjoy to replace your WYR series with. I’m sure there’s plenty that you’d love to share with us too. I have to admit that being able to duel Dumbledore would definitely be a wonderful learning experience though! 😀
Yeah I’m stll debating what I want to do to replace this blog series. I do want to do a regular series again though. It’s nice to not have to plan everything out all the time.
LikeLiked by 1 person