After coming home from work, I saw BizarreBrunette was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the wonderful A Geeky Gal. I read A Geeky Gal to get inspiration for my own blog, so thanks for the tag!
- Thank the blogger that nominated you. (Thanks A Geeky Gal)
- Do a post to show your award
- Give a summary on how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Select at least 15 other bloggers for the award
- Let each nominee know you’ve nominated them and give them a link to your post
BizarreBrunette’s Origin Story:
I started blogging back in 2014 or 2015. My friend started using wordpress to write her blog and I wanted to write more about my own geeky life. I’m surprised at how popular my blog has gotten. It’s taken years for me to get to a point where people care about what I have to say. It’s rewarding to come home and read the comments people write on my posts.
Advice For New Bloggers:
- Join Facebook Blogging Groups – I cannot begin to describe how this has helped me. I joined two Facebook groups where I could share my posts and meet other bloggers.
- Be supportive of other bloggers – Some of my followers have come from me commenting on their blog posts. They recognize that I’m an active reader on their blog, so they go to follow mine. This is a great way to get inspired, but also have people become aware of your existance within the void of the internet.
- Plan out blog posts! – This is key for me. I start writing two or three posts on a Sunday and then schedule them for release. Throughout the week, I can devote myself to video games, watching TV and other relaxing activities besides writing all the time.
Michelle @ A Geek’s Girl Guide
Kristin @ SuperSpaceChick
Alyssa @ Nerd Side of Life
Shauna @ HideNGoShauna
Anyone else I missed
If I have ever commented on your posts and I didn’t include you, I apologize! I didn’t want to intentionally leave out anyone. Feel free to do this tag along with me. For all of you who have supported me in any way, I appreciate you all. I hope to continue this blog for a very long time.